It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. I really enjoyed participating last week and look forward to seeing everyone’s reads this week.
Books for this week:
- Still listening: Thereby Hangs a Tail by Spencer Quinn – Audiobooks always take me a bit longer than reading since I only listen to them on my short commute to and from work. I love this series.
- Just began reading: When the Killing’s Done by T.C. Boyle – The first chapter of the book was gripping! I hope the rest of the book is just as good.
- Need to begin reading: The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes by Marcus Sakey – This is a NetGalley book and I try to read them by the publish date, but that date is coming up in just a few days. I am not sure I will make it this time.
Last week I finished:
- Claire DeWitt and the City of the Dead by Sara Gran – My review. A recommended new series! 4 out of 5 stars
- Spackled and Spooked by Jennie Bentley – There wasn’t much mystery to this book. The murderer and other character issues were pretty obvious. I am not one to try to figure it all out in advance either. It was just incredibly obvious where things were headed. 3 out of 5 stars
Last week I purchased:
- An impromptu trip to the used book store yielded three books of short stories: The Best American Mystery Stories 2008, edited by George Pelecanos, and Kelly Link’s Stranger Things Happen and Pretty Monsters. I have to tell you that Pretty Monsters is a beautiful book. Sometimes I have a dilemma when prices are comparable – Do I buy the e-book or the physical book? In the case of Pretty Monsters, there was no question. It’s a keeper.
- NookBook bargains: Angel’s Tip by Alafair Burke, The Cabinet of Curiosities by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, and Right as Rain by George Pelecanos. There were some freebies, too, but these are the ones I paid for and look forward to reading the most.
Tell me – what are you reading?